Genome Alberta (www.genomealberta.ca), located in Calgary and Edmonton, Alberta is looking to recruit a Research Program Manager. Reporting directly to Genome Alberta’s Director of Programs, your duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
1. Working with Project Managers and the Project Leader(s) for the funded Projects/Platforms to ensure they meet their formal reporting requirements to Genome Alberta (GAB), and to identify and resolve any programmatic or budgetary areas of concern.
2. Work with the Project Managers and Project Leaders to identify IP opportunities and other tangible benefits that arise from Project/Platform activities.
3. Assist Leader’s Institutions, TEC Edmonton, Innovate Calgary and others to ensure that socio and economic benefits from the funded Projects will materialize, including advancement of commercialization opportunities.
4. Support the Project Managers in all responsibilities related to their funded Projects.
5. Organizing Project Management meetings with GAB Project Managers.
6. Coordination and maintenance of GAB research project reports and metrics information. GAB currently uses the SmartSimple platform.
7. In conjunction with the GAB Director of Programs, engage with Projects Leaders(s) and Institutions to identify impacts and outputs that have occurred since projects closed.
8. In conjunction with the GAB Director of Programs, prepare information on funded Project/Platforms for submission to the GAB Board of Directors, funders, and other relevant stakeholders.
9. In conjunction with the GAB Director of Programs, work with GAB accounting department to maintain appropriate Project/Platform financial controls over the duration of the funded initiatives.
10. In conjunction with the GAB Director of Programs review integrated Genomics in Society/GE3LS activities within Genome Canada funded projects, and possibly new project proposals, and identify relevant issues in projects without integrated Genomics in Society/GE3LS activities.
11. Help to ensure collaboration and liaison with Research Program Managers at the other Genome Centres and Genome Canada.
• Post graduate degree (MSc, PhD or equivalent) with relevant experience in genetics, genomics and associated technologies.
• A minimum of 3 years project management experience required.
• Knowledge of grant management policies and procedures at academic organizations and/or other funding organizations an asset.
Preferred location is Edmonton, AB to work directly with the Director of Programs. Interactions with Genome Alberta staff in the Calgary corporate office will occur on a regular basis. Exceptional Calgary candidates that are unable to relocate to Edmonton will be considered.
We ask that candidates submit their application as soon as possible. Please submit your resume and cover letter to our Office Manager, Mitthua Banks at email@example.com. Collection, use and retention of personal information will be in accordance with Genome Alberta’s privacy policies and practices.
Genome Alberta is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all who respond; however, only those applicants being considered will be contacted. Interviews with qualified applicants will commence on/after June 4, 2020. The competition will close once a suitable candidate has been identified.