Alberta Innovates is proud to announce the Exploring Cannabis-Based Medicines and Tools (mCannabis) Program. This ground-breaking program is an opportunity for stakeholders in Alberta’s Cannabis ecosystem to collaborate in a coordinated way to advance Cannabis research and innovations that aim to enhance patient care, improve patient outcomes, support training of health professionals, and responsibly grow Canada’s Cannabis industry. These opportunities will align to Alberta Innovates’ three research and innovation priorities
, the Alberta Research and Innovation Framework (ARIF)
, and will create economic and health value for Alberta citizens.
Alberta Innovates acknowledges the collaborative support provided by Campus Alberta Neurosciences in launching this program.
The mCannabis program seeks to:
- Understand Cannabis phytochemicals for putative pain or analgesic properties (Stream 1).
- Improve patient outcomes and responsibly grow Canada’s Cannabis Industry by understanding how Alberta Innovates can support the use of post-market surveillance data (Stream 2).
- Provide a platform of engagement among medical Cannabis stakeholders to coordinate and collaborate to generate evidence and knowledge for more informed Cannabis use.
- Provide advisory support for entities seeking engagement and input with healthcare delivery professionals and patients.
- Promote Alberta-based research and innovation into local and global markets to support Canada’s Cannabis industry.
- Realize economic and health benefits for Albertans.