- Project Portfolio
- About Us
- Connect With Us
- Contact Us
Current Platforms - Genome Alberta
- The Metabolomics Innovation Centre (TMIC)
The TMIC is a nationally-funded core facility, located at the University of Alberta, that has a unique combination of infrastructure and personnel to perform a wide range of cutting-edge metabolomic studies for clinical trials research, biomedical studies, bioproducts studies, nutrient profiling and environmental testing.
- Bioinformatics Platform
Providing infrastructure and tools primarily for Genome Canada-funded projects as well as academic and industrial researchers in Canada. They offer over 1,000 software tools, dozens of major databanks and computing power dedicated to bioinformatics, including Canada's only TimeLogic Decypher database search engines, major data storage facilities and a Bioinformatics GRID solution, which allows users transparent access to the multitude of tools.
Current Platforms - Genome Centres
- McGill University and Genome Quebec Innovation Centre - Known for its expertise in complex genetic disorders, the Centre has become a networking site for various research initiatives.
- The Centre for Applied Genomics - Dedicated to conducting and promoting research in genomics including service and training support for academic, government, and private sector scientists.
- University of Victoria - Genome BC Proteomics Centre - Focused on novel technology development in structural proteomics, metabolomics, clinical proteomics, and protein imaging.
- Genomics Innovation Centre at the BC Cancer Agency Genome Sciences Centre - An international centre for genomics and bioinformatics research, and sequencing facility in Vancouver.
- Four Dimensional Modeling of Genetic Disease Patterns
Supported Projects - Complete
- Enabling Technologies for Embryonic Stem Cell Functional Genomics
- MS-Based Structural Proteomics for Drug Development & Design