da, together with Natural Resources Canada (NRCan), is seeking proposals for large-scale research projects which focus on the application of genomics in Canada’s natural resources and environment sectors.
This funding opportunity builds on the complementary mandates of Genome Canada and NRCan and provides an opportunity to bring together and maximize the effectiveness of the research communities, infrastructure, and resources supported by both organizations.
The scope of the competition will include areas such as genomics research related to energy, mining, forestry, water stewardship, healthy oceans, wildlife management/conservation and bioproducts that help conserve natural resources, protect the environment and support sustainable resource management. It also includes the use of genomics to understand the adaptive genetic potential of species, populations and ecosystems to climate and other environmental changes and stressors, and identify those key elements that impact ecosystem structure, function and diversity.
The following forms are available for download:
Detailed competition calendar and internal deadlines
Registration and Pre-application
- Deadline for Registration and Activity Sheet to Genome Alberta: Monday March 2nd, 2020
- 2-hour Strategic Whiteboard Sessions March 5 – 9, 2020
- Deadline for draft pre-applications to Genome Alberta: Thursday April 9th, 2020
- Deadline for final pre-applications to Genome Alberta: Thursday April 30th, 2020
- Notification of results of pre-application evaluation: Late July 2020
- Deadline for draft full application to Genome Alberta: Tuesday September 8th, 2020
- Deadline for final full application to Genome Alberta: Thursday October 1st, 2020
- Interview with applicants: mid-November 2020
- Final funding decisions made: mid-December 2020