The Genome Alberta newsletter for the Omics Generation
We cover the latest Genomics news that matters most to Alberta, Canada and the World. Sign up to receive GenOmics direct to your email twice each month.
April 15, 2015
Volume 22 Issue 2
- Let’s Talk DNA on April 21st
- U of A researcher earns top health award
- New and renewed Canada Research Chairs across Canada
- Cattle Call funding
- ASTech Award nominations open
- A new approach to monitoring avian influenza
...and more news, tweets & events!
Read Current Issue
The GE3LS Digest
A compendium of news and research from around the country and around the world
GE3LS: Genomics and its related Ethical, Economic, Environmental, Legal and Social aspects.
April 16, 2015
In this issue:
- Personalizing cancer treatment with genetic tests can be tricky
- Public must have their say on genome editing
- Aetna, Cigna balk as Angelina effect spurs genetic cancer testing
- How stem cell treatment brought Gordie Howe back from death’s door
- The U.S. is still far from legalizing three-parent babies
- What researchers are learning as they sequence, map, and decode species’ genomes