The Genome Alberta newsletter for the Omics Generation
We cover the latest Genomics news that matters most to Alberta, Canada and the World. Sign up to receive GenOmics direct to your email twice each month.
August 17, 2015
Volume 23 Issue 4
- Understanding and improving feed efficiency of beef cows
- CQDM and CIHR fund personalized medicine research collaborations
- Using bioengineered yeast instead of poppies to make opioids
- Latest edition of MetaboNews
- On Kindle: Life's Greatest Secret; The Race to Crack the Genetic Code
- New kids on the block
...and more news, tweets & events!
Read Current Issue
The GE3LS Digest
A compendium of news and research from around the country and around the world
GE3LS: Genomics and its related Ethical, Economic, Environmental, Legal and Social aspects.
August 14, 2015
In this issue:
- It's time for an uncomfortable discussion about what it really means to engineer a 'better baby'
- Opinion: Share diverse genomic data
- Disappearing Down syndrome, genetic counseling, and textbook coverage
- Myriad’s new CEO discusses promise, challenges of changing times in genetic testing
- Disdain for bioethics ignites controversy
- Opinion: Let the genomic revolution prevail