The Genome Alberta newsletter for the Omics Generation
We cover the latest Genomics news that matters most to Alberta, Canada and the World. Sign up to receive GenOmics direct to your email twice each month.
February 1, 2016
Volume 25 Issue 2
- Diagnosing rare diseases
- Multimillion-dollar Nunavut study to consider Gjoa Haven fishery
- Feds unveil funding for ‘genetic barcode’ boost
- Study finds Canadian beef’s GHG footprint shrunk over 30 years
- New graduates labour market report 2015
- Genetics and swine health in Canada
...and more news, tweets & events!
Read Current Issue
The Genomics in Society Digest
A compendium of news and research from around the country and around the world
Genomics in Society: Genomics and its related Ethical, Economic, Environmental, Legal and Social aspects.
February 2, 2016
In this issue:
DNA got a kid kicked out of school—and it’ll happen again
- UK scientists get green light to genetically edit human embryos
- Genetic discrimination law urgently needed, medical experts say
- Big IT challenges ahead for precision medicine
- Error found in study of first ancient African genome
- Seagrass genome sequence lends insights to salt tolerance
And much more!