The Genome Alberta newsletter for the Omics Generation
We cover the latest Genomics news that matters most to Alberta, Canada and the World. Sign up to receive GenOmics direct to your email twice each month.
April 16, 2014
Volume 18 Issue 2
- DNA Day in Canada
- Livestock genomics in Alberta - The GE3LS implications
- Genome Canada career opportunity
- Lap-Chee Tsui - Prize winner
- BIOTECanada Gold Leaf Awards
- Human genetics / genomics seminars
....and more news, tweets & events!
Read Current Issue
The GE3LS Digest
A compendium of news and research from around the country and around the world
GE3LS: Genomics and its related Ethical, Economic, Environmental, Legal and Social aspects.
April 15, 2014
In this issue:
- Embattled stem cell researcher apologizes but defends her work
- CIBC helps build a life-saving national public cord blood bank for all Canadians
- Future health of Scottish whisky is in the genes
- Cloning pets 'ethically dubious'
- 3-D structure reveals malaria genome, may contribute to new anti-malaria strategy
- Genetic testing for incidental illnesses challenges medical ethics